HOW TO FIND THE BEST MENTORS AND CREATE AN UNBREAKABLE FRIENDSHIP WITH THEM.
BY SIMON GRIFFITHS
- First of all, understand what line of work your potential mentor is in. Are you searching for an athlete, a movie producer, a writer, who are you searching for? This will give you a better idea of where to look for them.
Which conferences, restaurants, online forums, social media pages, countries do they visit?
- Find out who their gatekeepers are – these people act as a filter, only people who are of interest to the mentor will be let in. Start searching who your potential mentor’s publicist is and connect with them.
How to create unbreakable relationships?
- Value their time with the utmost respect, be early to every meeting and show common courtesy.
2. Prepare an agenda when you meet them and have quality questions ready to be fired away.
3. The mentee should fuel the relationship, don’t expect your mentor to set up every single meeting.
4. Set guidelines and express what you want out of your mentor in the first meeting.
5. GOLDEN POINT: Don’t treat them like a google search engine, don’t fire away hundreds of questions. Focus on quality rather than quantity.
What are your own thoughts on creating unbreakable relationships? Email us your thoughts, we may even publish them to the site!
Finding a mentor may be seen as easy, but maintaining a relationship is much harder.